- Humphries, B., Clark, D. (submitted for review). An examination of student preference for traditional didactic or chunking teaching strategies in an online learning environment. Journal of Research on Technology in Education
- Clark, D. (2018, November). “How many assessments do you have due this week!?”: Improving the student experience with Strategic Coursework Assessment Design (SCAD) – An experiment in Curriculum Analytics. Proceedings from CQUniversity Scholarship of Teaching, Rockhampton
- Clark, D., Hennessy, K., & Smart, K. (2018, November). Taking the “Donkey Work” out of Clinical Assessments: Focusing on Student Learning Using the Online Real-time Assessment System (ORAS). Proceedings from CQUniversity Scholarship of Teaching, Rockhampton.
- Lawson, C., Beer, C., Ames, K., & Clark, D. (2018, October 16 – 18). Achieving the impossible: Fair, equitable and engaging teamwork assessment in a complex blended learning environment. Paper presented at the Online Learning 2018 Conference, Toronto, Canada.
- Smart, K., Waters, K., & Clark, D., (2018, October) Clinical Assessments: Focusing on Student Learning Using the Online Real-time Assessment System (ORAS) at the 2018 College of Oral Health Academic Meeting, Sydney, NSW.
- Beer, C, Ames, K, Atkinson, N, Barnbaum, S, Clark, D, Hosie, P, Payne, A, (2018). Being different with learning analytics. 09-10 October 2018, Proceedings from CQUniversity Scholarship of Teaching, Rockhampton.
- Roy, S., & Clark, D. (2018). Digital badges, do they live up to the hype. British Journal of Educational Technology. doi:10.1111/bjet.12709
- Atkinson, N, Hosie, P, Beer, C, Ames, K, Clark, D, Barnbaum, S, Payne, A, (2018). Minimising online contract cheating. Proceedings from CQUniversity Scholarship of Teaching, Rockhampton.
- Beer, C, Lawson, C, Mann, G, Clark, D, (2017). Measuring engagement: An institution-wide implementation of learning analytics to increase retention. 02-05 July 2017, STARS: Students Transitions Achievement Retention & Success, Adelaide, Australia, STARS, Adelaide, SA., p. 1-10, http://unistars.org/papers/STARS2017/02D.pdf
- Rossi, D., van Rensburg, H., Harreveld, R., Beer, C., Clark, D., & Danaher, P. (2015). Reflections on online learning designs and cross-institutional research collaborations: Revisiting “classrooms without walls” in two Australian universities. Journal of Learning Design, 8(3), 78-91. doi:10.5204/jld.v8i3.255
- Jones, D. & Clark, D. (2014, November). Breaking BAD to bridge the reality/rhetoric chasm. In Proceedings of the 31st Australiasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education Conference (ASCILITE2014) (pp. 262-272). University of Otago
- Rossi, D, van Rensburg, H, Beer, C, Clark, D, Danaher, P, Harreveld, B 2013, ‘Learning interactions: A cross-institutional multi-disciplinary analysis of learner-learner and learner-teacher and learner-content interactions in online learning contexts’, DEHub Report Series 2013, 1, DEHub Innovation in Distance Education, NSW, Australia, http://www.dehub.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/CQU_Report.pdf
Jones, D., Beer, C., & Clark, D. (2013, December). The IRAC framework: Locating the performance zone for learning analytics. In Proceedings of the 30th Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education Conference (ASCILITE 2013) (pp. 446-450). Macquarie University.
- Rossi, D., van Rensburg, H., Beer, C., Clark, D., Danaher, P., Harreveld, B. (2012). Interacting E-Learners: Analysing Learner-Learner, Learner-Teacher and Learner-Content Interactions in Five Online Courses in Two Australian Distance Education Universities. Final Report. DEHUB
Beer, C., Jones, D., & Clark, D. (2012). Analytics and complexity: Learning and leading for the future. In ascilite Conference (Vol. 2012, No. 1).
- Danaher, P, Harreveld, RE, Clark, D, Beer, C, Van Rensburg, H, Rossi, D, (2012). Learning analytics: Following the trail of evidence in digitised education. DEQuarterly, No. 11, p. 8-10
Rossi, D., van Rensburg, H., Harreveld, R. B., Beer, C., Clark, D., & Danaher, P. A. (2012). Exploring a cross-institutional research collaboration and innovation: Deploying social software and Web 2.0 technologies to investigate online learning designs and interactions in two Australian Universities. Journal of Learning Design, 5(2), 1-11.
- Fleming, J., Donovan, R., Beer, C., & Clark, D. (2011). A whole of university approach to embedding graduate attributes: A reflection, Proceedings of DeHUB Conference.
- Clark, D., & Baillie-deByl, P. (2009). Enhancing the IMS QTI to Better Support Computer Assisted Marking. In Syed, M. R. (Ed.), Methods and Applications for Advancing Distance Education Technologies: International Issues and Solutions. Minnesota: IGI Global.
- Clark, D., & Baillie-de Byl, P. (2007). Enhancing the IMS QTI to Better Support Computer Assisted Marking. International Journal of Distance Education Technologies, 5(3), 8-23.
- Clark, D. (2005). Enhancing the IMS Q&TI specification by adding support for dynamically generated parameterised quizzes. Department of Mathematics and Computing. Toowooomba, University of Southern Queensland.
- David Jones, Kieren Jamieson, Damien Clark, (2003), A model for evaluating potential web-based education innovations, Proceedings of HICSS-036.